ESTABLISHING SHOT:
EXT. PALMER ROAD- TWILIGHT
Opens on ANDREW and KEATON speeding down Palmer Road in a Jeep.
CUT TO:
Two shot on ANDREW and KEATON in the Jeep, yelling at each other. While they are arguing, shot reverse shot is used. They are currently being pursued by another vehicle because of an illegal act they had committed, therefore they are arguing.
KEATON
Dude, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, I can’t believe this is happening right now!
ANDREW
Bro, we’re fine! Everything will be just fine!
KEATON
You’re fine.
ANDREW
(pause, ANDREW looks at him)
What?
KEATON
Huh.
ANDREW
Look dude, we’re being chased by a security guard, friggin, like, right there.
(Over the shoulder shot, looking into rear-view mirror, Security car is gone. They look at each other.Pause.)
KEATON
He’s… he’s gone.
ANDREW
Did we lose him?
KEATON
I… I think so.
ANDREW
Not gonna lie all this shop lifting makes me hungry. (chuckles)
KEATON
Hungry for you.
ANDREW
Dude, why?
(Cuts to McDonald’s)
WIDE SHOT:
INT. MCDONALD,S RESTAURANT- NIGHT TIME
Both ANDREW and KEATON are sitting in silence in the McDonald’s, eating hamburgers, french fries, and sipping their sodas loudly.
ANDREW
So… that’s not how I pictured today going.
KEATON
Yeah, all this fuss about stealing some Tic-Tacs.
ANDREW
You stole over 200 cases of them.
KEATON
WE stole 200 cases of them.
ANDREW
Nuh-uh you took them!
KEATON
No, you!
ANDREW
Shut up (pops one in his mouth)!
KEATON
You’re eating one right now.
ANDREW
(Looks side to side) …No.
KEATON
So, what are we going to do now?
ANDREW
Well, we got away with this. Maybe we should think bigger.
KEATON
(bites lip, looks ANDREW up and down)
ANDREW
Please stop.
KEATON
So what then?
ANDREW
I don’t know. I think we should keep it going. You know? See how far we can go before we chicken out, challenge ourselves a little. Each project could get more complex or harder or something.
KEATON
ANDREW, I don’t know about this. If we get caught it’s over. We’ll go to prison.
ANDREW
(Interrupts KEATON) But we won’t get caught! I won’t let us. And if we do I give you permission to blame me in court. Besides, we aren’t going to take it as far as to rob a bank. Just a little fun stuff, to get the blood going.
KEATON
(Exasperated sigh)
ANDREW
Oh c’mon! Look at it this way KEATON, this is the only thing we’re good at. We’re losers at school, we have no talent elsewhere, and we’re the only friends each other has. Now, we finally found something that we’re successful at and you wanna give up right away. Please? Just a few more times?
KEATON
Fine. Only on one condition.
ANDREW
And what’s that?
KEATON
(Smiles slyly, winks, pulls out two walkie-talkies)
ANDREW
(Look of fear on his face)
CUT TO: WIDE SHOT
ANDREW and KEATON
(Pretending to be spies in McDonald’s, rolling across the ground and tables, hiding behind trash cans, and talking through walkie-talkies as they exit the building)
OVER THE SHOULDER:
INT. ANDREW’S HOUSE- NIGHT TIME
ANDREW and KEATON are sitting in front of a computer screen supposedly doing ”research” for their new found projects. Both of them are whispering to each other and ANDREW randomly outbursts in laughter.
KEATON
(whispering to ANDREW and pointing to the computer screen) Oh, that’s a good one.
ANDREW
(whispering) Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. Look at that one.
KEATON
(whispering) Oh, wait. (pause and clicks on the mouse) No this one.
ANDREW
(loudly laughs, INSERT SHOT on the computer screen) Man, I love memes. They really do de-stress a person.
KEATON
(laughs) Quality humor!
ANDREW
(smiling) Well, you aren’t wrong! But we should probably get to work.
KEATON
Yeah, yeah, you’re right.
ANDREW
Alright, let’s get to work.
(TWO-SHOT looking at ANDREW and KEATON over the top of the computer screen, fades to black.)
No comments:
Post a Comment